Try this healthy, vegetarian quinoa chili with chunky sweet potatoes and hearty sweet potatoes. The best part? It’s made in a slower cooker, so it’s easy and mostly hands-off!
- 3 cups diced sweet potato (about 1 large)
- 1 cup diced red onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (about 1 large)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can organic black beans
- 1 (28 oz) can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 – 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (more or less to taste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a crock pot (starting with just 3 cups of broth). Turn on high and cook for 4 hours, turn down to low and continue to cook until ready to serve. If too thick, stir in another ½ – 1 cup of water.
- Serve with diced avocado (or guac) and tortilla chips. It’s such a good combo!
For those looking to make this in a dutch oven, cut the liquid in half and cook it at 300ºF for two hours