This low carb, healthy and keto-friendly ice cream recipe is pretty simple and easy. For the main ingredients, we only need egg yolks, full-fat coconut cream, and heavy cream. The reason you want to have full fat coconut cream is to have the ice cream consistency. Regular coconut milk will not make it.
• 2 1/3 cup coconut cream full fat, no added-sugar
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 6 egg yolks
• 4 tbsp So Nourished Erythritol
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 3 tbsp shredded coconut optional Save
1. Start by beating the sweetener and egg yolks together in a mixer. Blend until homogeneous and creamy.
2. Pour the beaten egg mixture into a medium pot over low medium heat. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and heavy cream. Keep stirring until the ingredients combine fully. This helps cook the egg yolk. Once the edges of the mixture start bubbling, turn off the heat so as not to overcook. Stir together with the coconut cream and some shredded coconut if preferred. Fold continuously to make a thick, consistent custard texture.
3. When the mixture cools down to ambient temperature, freeze for 6-8 hours. Take out from the freezer once every two hours. Mix with a spatula to dissolve any ice crystals formed. Repeat for at least two times for a creamy and crystal-free ice cream.
4. Remove from the freezer once ready to serve. Top with some grated coconut.
This makes 6 servings.