These easy Strawberry Crumb Bars, with a buttery crust, sweet fresh strawberry filling, and crunchy butter crumb topping make wonderful dessert bars for an afternoon snack, or to take to a summer party, picnic, or potluck.
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (8 Tablespoons) very cold butter (1 stick butter)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the 8×8 pan that hangs over the side of the pan. (This is to make it easier to remove the Strawberry Crumb Bars after cooking.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup white sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate measuring cup or small bowl, beat an egg with a fork. Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mixture.
- Visit Strawberry Crumb Bars @ flavormosaic.com For Recipe Instructions.