We made this easy dairy free pressure cooker coconut chicken with curry last night and it turned out amazing! A creamy Instant Pot chicken with vegetable dish served as a soup or on top of rice, it was a flavorful dinner we all enjoyed. Try our Thai style coconut chicken yourself and let us know what you think!
- 1 lb chicken boneless, skinless, cut into chunks
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion diced
1/2 bell pepper diced
1/2 tsp salt may want to add a bit when done too, depending on preference
1/4 c cilantro fresh, diced
1 c snap peas fresh, ends removed
1.5 tsp garlic minced
1 tsp ginger minced
4 oz chiles canned, diced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar heaping
14 oz coconut milk
1.5 tbsp cornstarch optional, to thicken
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and set to saute.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and dice your onion, add to your pressure cooker and cook until outsides of chicken pieces are white and pink is gone (doesn’t have to be completely cooked thru).
- Turn pressure cooker off.
- Add soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, ginger, and salt. Stir to coat chicken with spices. If you choose to add garam masala and curry add them now too and stir to combine.
- Add in diced bell pepper, can of chiles, cilantro, snap peas and coconut milk and gently stir to combine.
- Put lid on and close steam valve.
- Set to pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- If you want liquid to thicken add 1/2 cup of hot liquid in pot to a small bowl with 1.5 tbsp. cornstarch and whisk together. Pour back into pot and slowly stir it in.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes or so to thicken more if desired.
- Serve as is or on top of white rice.